Friday, December 10, 2004

There's A Home Depot at the End of the Tunnel

When I was at Ben's barmitzfah, I got one of those vibey deja-vus. Bex was listing off some relatives, and I suddenly realized that I had done this before in a dream. Now I know that sound's like ..., but over the years I've developed the belief that my dreams are a preview of upcoming events. It's probably just generality clashing with coincedence, but I really enjoy thinking this.

On Monday however, I had a rough night. I haven't had a nightmare for about 5 years (nothing beats the recurring cave nightmare or The Maze) and I haven't had a dream for a couple of weeks (that I can vividly recall). It turns out I was due for my next mindtrip and it was a bad trip indeed. I dreamt:

That I was walking down Mcrae just past Bill and Vito's Garage in the middle of the night. I was feeling a little paranoid (when do I not), and I noticed a white car ahead of me. It was sort of parked in the middle of the street but the engine was running. For some reason, I thought the car looked like one of the models from Grand Theft Auto, and I immediately thought I was in the game. It was only 2 seconds later that I heard a voice come from the car..."That's him.".....and the car takes off. I look behind me and see another white car speeding down the street. I take off! It turns in behind me and a guy leans out the window with an uzi-like gun. I freak and start zigzaging away from him. (Thinking back I realized that I was running in my N64 Goldeneye evasion pattern. The sidesteps and jukes all matched.) The gun starts spewing out bullets and I see them ricochet off the ground beside and go zipping off at the horizon. Suddenly, I get a sort of matrix-slow-mo tail-on shot of this bullet, which looks more like shrapnel, floating towards my back. It hits me on the backleft of my neck.

I don't feel like anything has happened but everything has gone a little quiet and i reach around. Sure enough there's blood on my fingers and all of a sudden I notice the Home Depot across Laird. It's bright as ever but suddenly different chunks of the world begin to blackout. It was as if I was standing in a long corridor and the lights were being shut off towards me. Kind of like when Seraph and Sati are leaving the Oracle's in the third movie. The home depot continued to shine but the different planes went out in a row. When the foremost plane went out, I collapsed.

(AWAKE)

The first things I thought of were "shit this is going to happen to me," "fuck that would be cool to put in a movie" and "I don't want to go back to bed." I lay awake for 20 minutes petrified until I was too tired to keep my eyes open.

No comments: