Tuesday, December 14, 2004

The Odyssey of Homer

I noticed Texasgary was excited about the simpsons, and felt that I should also share my opinion of the greatness of Groening. This evening I caught the simpson's episode at the holy 5pm on CBC mass. It was the one where Homer's brother makes the baby translator. I knew which episode it was after the couch-vault incident and mentally scanned over the plot and punchlines to see if I should stay or switch. I decided to stay and was delighted to discover a brilliant gag I had forgotten.

Homer sitting in the Spinemelter 2000 + 1 balding man = 2001 joke i should have remembered


It even played a similar soundtrack. If you remember the words, sing along: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...



I started thinking back about other 2001 references and the only ones I could come up with were: the Dawn of Man spoof and the one where he goes into space.




On a completely unrelated note, after talking to Adam over MSN tonight I realized that due to my illness, my current nightmare is visiting the Eaton's Centre. So much standing and walking, so many unsuspecting victims. I'd be like a gaint hairless Marcel from Outbreak.

No comments: