Wednesday, December 01, 2004

My eyes! Ze Glasses Do Nothing!

Today was our film screening for the Avand-Garde portion of the course. We watched REM's "Low" yesterday and some other short stuff (Ragenet and The Garden of Delights?). My eyes have never hurt so much, and I almost fell asleep in a theatre for the first time in my life. I didn't. Thank god. I'm not ruining that track record.

Today we watched:

Ballet mécanique (not bad, but nothing to brag about)
Meshes of the Afternoon (good)
A Movie (ok)
Water Window Baby Moving (a baby's graphic birth......GRAPHIC! The head literally goes pop!)
Serene Velocity

Serene Velocity I had heard of through my circle of online psychadelia friends, and it lived up to it's trippy reputation, but it sucked. It was definetely innovative, but the novelty wore off after a while. 7 minutes of a "pulsing" hallway.

My three favourite of the day were:

Outer Space
Our Lady of the Sphere
Mongoloid (Devo music video....I think)

I'm only two days in, but I really love with Peter Tscherkassky.

On the topic of movies, I went into HMV to drool over the Matrix collection, which I forgot comes out on the 7th, and found some odd DVDs. First, it's the 10th anniversary of The Shawshank Redemption and it's been put out in a brank spanking new DVD, with a new, butt ugly cover, or maybe I just love the movie so much I don't want it to change.

Second, If you ever plan to rob an HMV in the near future, could you grab this or this for me? Much obliged.

No comments: