Friday, March 17, 2006

Failte! - Welcome!



Dia ruit! - Hello
Mise Steve! - My name is steve.
Go raibh maigh agat! - thank you very much
slan! - goodbye!
dun an doras! - close the door
fuinneog! - Window!
tit me! - I fall!
slainte! - Cheers
cead mile failte! - A hundred thousand welcomes!
An olfaidh tu oiche? - Are you going to drink tonight? <-mighty handy on a day like this.

So I thought i'd spread the good gaelic word that I learned last year. That's pretty much all I remember. You're on your own for the pronounciation. I didn't get up at 9 every other day just so some lazy bastard can get check it in the afternoon in their underwear....

A happy St. Paddy's Day to everyone. It's the day when all of a sudden those random sites dedicated to st. patrick come in handy, and you actually start looking at the holiday section of your emoticons, flash animations and e-greeting cards. This is also the day where thousands of pictures of irishmen and leprechauns will be stolen for the purpose of personal blog satisfaction. hahaha! I've already got my guinness, and my giant guinness mug to drink it out of. I've already listened to the cranberries "Zombie," cause FUCK IT I AM NOT LISTENING TO U2 AGAIN! I already anticpate here that crap shoved down my throat all day, so I will not contribute to my misery. On a lighter note here's a little irish joke for everyone:

Paddy the Kerryman died in a fire and was burnt pretty bad and the morgue needed someone to identify the body. So his two best friends, Seamus and Seanin (Also Kerrymen), were sent for. Seamus went in and the mortician pulled back the sheet. Seamus said "Yup, he's burnt pretty bad. Roll him over." So the mortician rolled him over and Seamus looked and said "Nope, it ain't Paddy."

The mortician thought that was rather strange and then he brought Seanin in to identify the body. Seanin took a look at him and said, "Yup he's burnt real bad, roll him over". The mortician rolled him over and Seanin looked down and said, "No, it ain't Paddy".


The mortician asked, "How can you tell?" Seanin said, "Well, Paddy had two assholes." "What, he had two assholes?" said the mortician. "Yup, everyone knew he had two assholes. Every time we went into town, folks would say, "Here comes Paddy with them two assholes...."

No comments: