Tuesday, March 14, 2006

A Complex String

Why? It's that time of the school year where I have to make sense of another essay for my American Popular Cinema class. This is the last dance with the devil. After this only a final then buh-bye. I've thoroughly screwed myself over once again by not doing work ahead of time. The culprit this time was Gran Turismo 3. I finally found a course where i can beat the crap out of Shane. It also happens to be the most complicated.
I went to the library today to take a nap then come home. It's so hard to do work for any film project since every time I search something for my project, something more interesting pops up. Today, I lost an hour of work time by reading the Simpsons, Reboot, Ren and Stimpy, Mission Hill, Undergrads and Spiderman analyses in:



A huge 2 volume work on nothing but cartoons. I only found the second half so I couldn't look up animaniacs or looney tunes or any other gems before M. But let me put it this way. It has Rocko's Modern Life in there. Every page contains a saturday morning of my life. But enough of this talk. Somehow I must compare 2001: A Space Odyssey to Independence Day on the basis of genre progression.....and somehow not be biased. At least I'm not writing about westerns. I'm thinking of just sneaking in an interpretation of the movie and tossing in some fancy words like "stock narrative situations" and "ideological tensions." And throughout this ordeal, Saturday Night Fever soundtrack shall boogie me through.


Hey, if you search "vomit" as a keyword on IMDB, The Matrix comes up as the first search result. That makes me uncomfortable.
Wang will give you Fight Club
Masturbation will give you Eternal Sunshine.
Yeah, that's all I've got.

No comments: