Sunday, March 19, 2006

Carpet Catalyst

I was doing so well. I haven't had a bad moment in such a long time, but my streak finally ended tonight. I came home from work to find a giant carpet on my living room floor. While this could be seen as a grand occasion for cheer and floor rubbing, it comes a slap in the face to me. On the day (!) that we moved in here, I brought a large area rug to be used. It was the carpet that went in my old bedroom. We got it cleaned last summer, and once I decided that I was going to move out, I never put it back on my floor. Instead it had been sitting, still rolled up and shrink-wrapped, in my old house at the top of stairs acting as a constant reminder of things to come. When we moved in, we put it aside until we figured out where furniture would go. It had been leaning up against the wall by the kitchen, up until 4 days ago. I had not had the time or attention span to sit down with Shane to discuss our floor plans. The carpet was moved to the corner after he built our sweet new TV stand. Now here is why I am pissed off. The facts:

Aside from the obvious of, "what about my say?", I wonder why my carpet was not put down?
1. If the reason was because we needed to put something down to help dampen the sound, fine. Except that my carpet is twice as thick as the new one.
2. If the reason was because it is new and clean, okay. Except that we know for a fact that mine is clean as it is still wrapped from the cleaners.
3. If it was seen as a good size of a rug, well that's just stupid because mine is the same size.

All of these reasons may have held up, if and only if, the plastic on my carpet had been at least opened to show that "whoever had at least checked to see what it looked like. The plastic is completely intact. THAT is what pisses me off. Hey, you don't like the look of my carpet, fine. BUT AT LEAST FUCKING GIVE IT A SHOT!

Just like that swig of beer after the shot that really messes you up:

The milk was left out in the kitchen, destroying ANY possibility of creating a satisfying meal deemed "breakfast."

The insert for my Fight Club was left on a speaker, while the case was back snug on the shelf. While I cannot REALLy complain since it's now a household item....but come on! ITS FIGHT CLUB! show the respect to which it deserves!

Shane and Martina were in bed when I got home, but as I walked through the apartment cleaning, I kept hearing them talking. I respect privacy, but I think I was just still pissed about the carpet and deserved an answer.

On the rebound, Bex has arrived and she has jello shots. My thanks are extended to the groovy gang at 3QF as this will help me cope with the aforementioned.

No comments: