Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Waiting with Jesus outside the club

It's been a while since the last posting spree.

Just finished THE presentation of the year! From now on I don't have to open my mouth, I can just drift downstream. and? More carnage than a train wreck.

I passed Mark Kingwell on the way into the building and from that point on, I was teetering on insanity with just a dash of anxiety.

At one point, the prof redirected the discussion to me and I must have gone ghostly white. The girl across from me gave me a weird look and I suddenly realized, "You've got nothing left....stall! STALL!" I started backtracking, mumbling, blaming my incoherent lack of information on "lost" notes. I started contradicting myself and fishing for one line questions. Eventually I was put down, and the prof took over. He talked for 20 mins about concepts that seemed foreign while I covered my face and tried to turn invisible. Then I decide to skip the screening of Candyman (since it's on Moviepix this month) and came home to sulk. I see he's already sent me an autopsy report, and after a minute of self-debate, Hamlet-style, I find that I get an A. 14 Hours of work yesterday. 9 hours before my presentation I realize I need a thesis and pull one of mine cheeks. I swear somebody is secretly sending death threats to my profs. Just tell me where to drop a cheque!

I would've started working on it earlier but Monday turned into a salvage of my hockey season. I was done 1-0 to boston in the semis after trouncing Philadelphia 4-0, and decided to even up the score. I lost (9-2) and it was 2-0. Then 3-0, with a score of 6-5. Then I sneaked in a final breath with a win 3-2. Then another at 8-4, and another at 12-4. I was paralyzed, not wanting to break this streak of excellence. Didn't want to get up, turn on the lights, or eat or drink anything other than the flat can of coke started in game 3. I won the last game 19-2, and despite the thrilling victory, I was saddened that I didn't set a new record of 20 goals. Then I watched Kevin Smith....twice. Can't deny the Kevman.

Groundhog day is officially the best day of the year! I finally finished downloading Pulp Fiction at 4:48 this morning, and now this! I shall reward my luck with gobstoppers and groundhogs!

No comments: