Sunday, February 13, 2005

Be Excited! Be Be Excited!

This Weekend has been amazing! I would point most of it's success to the upcoming march break, that is februarized and called "Reading Week." So far I've been flying through the pages of Hunter S. Thompson and Arthur C. Clarke, soon I'll start with the school readings.

Friday night I went to my first yoga class. The "Kama Sutra" yoga class. I figured it would be an exciting night, and it was completely different. I was so relaxed. I was a little nervous at the beginning, and kept covering my exposed underwear label and occasionally exposed midrift, but after a while, I didn't care. I was excited that I could do some of the "To add a bit of challenge" poses, but was shocked at my lack of balance. I always thought that I had good balance but then again I've never grabbed by big toe and tried to stretch my leg out at a 90 degree angle. I tried using the wall to support but then fell into the wall and almost knocked a picture down. All in all, I was very pleased with my first Yoga class and surprised by just how calming it really was. I see a definite revisit in the near future.

Saturday I lay on a floor mattress with Bex until about 5pm, it was fantastic. My first Saturday off in a long time, and it was well spent! I left there and proceeded to spend money on myself. I bought SW: KOTOR 2 (<--absolute gibberish to many) and XIII. My night was set when I found XIII for 5 FREAKIN BUCKS!! For those of us who spend more than a healthy amount of time in Entertainment stores know that happy, shining feeling that happens when you hold out for something and it ends up happening. (When XIII came out I was excited for the "comic book world" aspect but I refused to pay 60 bucks. That was last March or so, and now I am going to play this game and love every penny!)

I left Best Buy and went and bought myself a Taster's Pack of Beer. It's been a while since my last one, but I decided to go in and buy 7 different international beers. I ended up buying 8 and I'm going to sample one each night of my reading week. I'm excited about the huge bottle of Rasberry beer, and the returning favourite Sapporo.

I later met Shane and he brought over Requiem For A Dream. The film was amazing. Ellen Burstyn was freakishly convincing, and Jennifer Connelly was disturbing. Throughout the whole movie, I kept thinking "I can believe that this is plausible, but I hope it isn't." I was pleased with how far the movie went and how the camera make the actors perfect. Seeing the movie high didn't hurt any either.

Tonight I save the world. I've got my bottle of Bitburger from Germany, and I'm about to sit down and roam through the comic world. The only way this weekend could get better was if I didn't have to go to school this week.

(insert picture of Bart's face after finding out who ran away with the dish)

1 comment:

Urban Faery said...

Mmmmmm floor bed and beers of the world....