Monday, February 07, 2005

Be Afraid Of Who's Looking Back In The Mirror

I'm hoping to get up tomorrow and get some serious work done. I've been in a great mood ever since I cranked up Q at work. I'm hoping it will push onto tomorrow as I try to write an essay and do a bunch of other bullshit. I found out that the author of my next English text, Lynn Crosbie, also wrote a short story that I read in my high school English Lit class called "Paul's Case." I relished in that story but was dreading another lengthy book of poetry......until I found out that the peoms formed a narrative and then I read the opening paragraph:

"... stories in the news this week that have been haunting me -- one was one of the most sinister things I've ever seen. A guy somewhere in M-- had been arrested, except they didn't quite know what to charge him with. For years he'd been collecting newspaper clippings about missing children and unsolved murders -- then on the child's birthday or the anniversary of the murder, he would call the family of the victim and pretend to have vital information on the case or to know the child's whereabouts and say he would call and tell more. And then nnever call again."

-- Missing Children
-Lynn Crosbie

On a non-psychopathic note, the Super Bowl halftime show ROCKED!!!! I would have killed to be Paul on that stage, ripped out of my mind. Those screens and those lights blew my mind! God Bless that Flatscreen. My uncle was overjoyed that the Pat's ("The only team out there that shows true team spirit.") were able to get the victory through "solid playing." I on the other hand was more excited when I totally called Paul's big number. As the first half began to drag on, I kept repeating to my mom how Paul would play "Live and Let Die," or else Band on the Run, because there would be so many great spots to shoot off fireworks. I wasn't expecting to hear any Beatles tracks, and wasn't excited when "Hey Jude" came on.....my least favourite tune. stupid repeat button. I was reminded how great it must be to go to a McCartney show and be there simply because it's McCartney but have to watch everyone else because Paul plays the bass.

Oooo. Just thought of something. Gonna save it for another post following this one.

No comments: