Monday, February 07, 2005

Royale with Cheese

What an unproductive day! Instead of waking up at 9 and making appointments and finishing homework. I woke up at 12:30, and watched 1/2 of a "film" before I did this, then watched American Splendor before Corner Gas and Smith. As I sat in my room staring at a blank page I decided to go snooping in the closet, for some non-existant item, and I found a book of poetry from my grade 6 class. It had a poem selected, and another written by ever student in the class. I wrote about my cat Toby that had passed shortly before and I chose this poem by Jack Prelutsky. It made me happy that in 8 years, not much has changed.

Today is very boring,
it's a very boring day,
there is nothing much to look at,
there is nothing much to say.
There's a peacock on my sneakers,
there's a penguin on my head,
there's a dormouse on my doorstep,
I am going back to bed.

Today is very boring,
it is boring through and through,
there is absolutely nothing
that I think I want to do.
I see giants riding rhinos,
and an ogre with a sword,
there's a dragon blowing smoke rings,
I am positively bored.

Today is very boring,
I can hardly help but yawn.
There's a flying saucer landing
in the middle of my lawn.
A volcano just erupted
less than half a mile away,
and I think I felt an earthquake,
it's a very boring day.

1 comment:

Urban Faery said...

That poem is excellent! It made me want to read it to the kids at the childcare and make them draw pictures about it.