Sunday, February 06, 2005

The Tallest Tree Catches The Most Wind

Walking straight nowadays is more of a hobby than a skill. I've been having trouble sleeping for the last 3 or 4 weeks, and it's really starting to piss me off. I'm not quite at the "Narrator-level" of insomnia but my bed is the last place I want to be a night and the only place I want to be in the morning. I've been philosophizing alot lately, trying to make up defintions or wholly accurate statements about my present situation (Oh no, I'm starting to sound like fuckin Mark Kingwell). I tried the theory that I was having problems with the actual concept of sleeping, as if I was afraid of that whole "I'll never wake up" thing. But it doesn't seem to fit. It really just seems like I don't want to waste any time. So every night I sit, remote in hand, and watch whatever happens to flash past my eyes. Again I am reminded of the "Idiot box" slogan.

I'm currently struggling with the notion that I should be changing my life for the better. Making all of my appointments, setting up meetings, even going to get a freakin haircut all seem like steps that I should be taking to better my life. Yet I'm just unable to do it. Maybe SAD has kicked in, I'm not sure. I feel like SAD would be a stretch for me since the winter was always the joyous season for me, but it's not like we've been having winter, in the traditional sense of the season.

I feel like I just need to set out my priorities and develop some proper motivation.

I was back at the curling club (again) tonight working the closing shift. There was absolutely nothing to do but watch people do things that pissed me off. I'm starting to feel guilty about the lack of work that I've been doing there. I might be working there way too much. Oooo another theory just popped up. Perhaps that since I'm spending most of my weekends cooped up at work, it's denying me my time to go out and relax, thus making me want to stay up late every night and reclaim my lost weekends. Probably not.

Work tonight brought forth a few items.

1. I think that my job may be making me miserable.
2. I got an entire tub of chinese food for free.
3. Another "random" member happened to know my name. That's two thus far this week. I guess this means that I'll have to start talking to some of them as "friends." Shit.

So instead of ending on the note that my job is what's making me depressed (forced laugh), I've decided to spread the AMAZING news.

Feb 10 - Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 comes out for the PC.

I am so fucking ready for that game. I have been waiting SO DAMN LONG! After playing the brilliance of the first one, I'm totally addicted. I thought that not actually being able to fight, like Jedi Outcast, would be boring but MY GOD!!! The interactive plot is the greatest thing ever. And now you can shape how your party turns out? Watch out, there's gonna be one bad-ass interstellar gang goin around. No cyber granny will be safe!

March 22 - The duo that my parents hate (Due to all that late-night thumping) are putting out their next album!!!! Daft Punk will be releasing Human After All. Many have said that it will return to their old style a la Homework, but it doesn't really matter to me. Homework had some groundbreakers for me in my quest for digital thumping, but Discovery has become a recent repeater. Now I just have to buy the white album on CD in the meantime to tide me over.

People of Earth, I come in.....a shiny helmet! Now you must all dance!

No comments: