Monday, January 10, 2005

Levels of Laze

Today was excellent. I did nothing but sit on my ass. I slept in til 2:30, came down and farted around on the internet, then ate an entire box of Christmas Fruit Loops. After months and months of post-poning, I finally watched Mystic River and it was good. Roll-o-dex of who's who didn't disappoint. It's always good to see Tim Robbins. Whether he's in prison or helping a tiny duck, I still love that guy. The accents were sometimes a bit much, but mostly unnoticable. The kid from Unbreakable is back, rejoining with Tim Robbins after their Arlington Road stint (boom). I was pleased to have multiple suspects with actual motives. Good to see Clint doing something useful with his time. On an unrelated note, (well maybe it's related) is it just me or are their a lot of movies using the Shawshank theme lately?

I ended up practicing on the guitar for the rest of the night until my daily, double hour of That 70's Show. Im getting better at my MASH, and have pretty much got Buffy in the bag (if only). I picked up 007 and Harry Potter as well. A little more practicing and maybe I'll play a song that was actually written for an album.

All in all a great lazy day. The best part of the day came when I got up to check a download, and returned to the couch only to find that I left the remote at the monitor. I was so upset I actually moaned, and for a split second, comtemplated "How badly do I need sound?"

No comments: