Monday, January 17, 2005

Get the Led Out

While watching the Biography of Led Zeppelin on the Bio channel, I decided to alphabetize my cds, instead of working. I found out that I own 130 CDS. I feel like that should be alot, but I look across the room to see my huge shelf of vinyl and the accompanying box full of singles. I realized that I probably have over 300 albums in my immediate collection. I still have a milk crate of 70 albums to listen to by the computer and if I count the albums in the basement that I have laid claim on...there could be 1000 albums in the house. God bless 8-tracks and cassettes for their minimal size usage. Someday I should just spend the day catologuing this house.

Which brings me to the amazing news (to me)!

With less than 2 minutes to spare, January 17 2005 has claimed the current title of "Best Day of 2005." I found my "Wish you Were Here" album that I lost almost a year ago. While I'm sure it won't be the champ for long, I salute you 17th in all your splendor and musical glory.

Thank you Led, for all things are possible when you have a Zeppelin.

No comments: