Wednesday, January 05, 2005

I'm Listening.

Monday was the day of music on Q. I tried to be in the car at every hour on the hour because monday was the day of the Top 10 Albums of all time according to the listeners. This meant that I wouldn't have to listen to critically acclaimed Neil Young songs that were forgotten with mullets or classic Styx albums performed live. It was the good shit. I wanted to post the Top 10 as soon as I got home but I couldn't remember them all.

Top 10 Albums of all time
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

10. U2 - The Joshua Tree
9. Led Zeppelin II (own)
8. The Eagles - Hotel California (own)
7. The Beatles - The Beatles (White Album) (own)
6. Jimi Hendrix - Are You Experienced? (own)
5. Pink Floyd - The Wall (own - 1 cd, 2 vinyl, 1 original release)
4. AC/DC - Back in Black
3. The Beatles - Sgt. Ppper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (own copy from original vinyl)
2. Led Zeppelin IV (own)
1. Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon (own 1 cd, 1 worn out cd, 1 master recording, 1 30th anniversary vinyl edition, 1 vinyl)

What a sweet day for music. The Top 10 was the culmination of a week of playing classic album sides every hour. As I was driving downtown to pick up my mom with Bex, I wanted to jump out of the car, run ahead and hit myself because for some stupid reason I wasn't taping this.

The top 107 albums of all time

No comments: