Thursday, March 03, 2005

But this is a shop for ladies!

Now that I've finally used that as a blog title I assume that I should blog.

The past while has been very disorienting. I've been down and out for a while so I decided to do some research on just what the hell is going on inside my head. I found a checklist on the web for symptoms of depression and a few of them kind of shook me up a little. Heather from work mentioned that I've been very different the past few days which doesn't seem to mean anything cause she only saw me on Sunday when I had to cover someone else's shift and the dishwasher broke and flooded the entire the kitchen and room below. She said I was irritable. No shit. You mop up gungy water (with sponges in my hands for a bit) and you try to be Marty/Mary Sunshine.

Life has become difficult lately. I'm falling behind in schoolwork and not really attending all of my classes. I don't really go to the tutorials anymore since I have grown tiresome of sitting in a chair for an hour and not talking. I've been dodging my seminar every week ever since I passed on the essay, and I even missed yesterday's screening because I knew that I could not deal with the movie. This is doubled with the fact that the new guy Evan at work (my padowan) broke his collarbone when he slipped and fell on the ice. My one fear working at the curling club was that I would slip and my pebbling can would crack open unleashing a ice-flattening wave of water. Well it happened to him, not me. So I'm slightly grateful except that since I'm really the only part-timer there (ever since Heather switched to "office duties" which really means she's slow on the ice and doesn't like cleaning) I have to pick up Evan's shifts. Pat has also been asking for a few nights off, and I feel like he more than deserves it. He's been closing Monday to Friday since October. So now I'm working like a mofo when I should really be studying and catching up. I worked last night for Pat and I'm going in tonight as usual before I have to close Friday and Saturday and go in for my regular Sunday shift. It looks like I'll be at work on Saturday til around 3 in the morning and I have to be in at 11:30 the next (same?) day. I wish we had that 9 hour turnaround that IATSE enforces. So I'm going to be tired and blogless unless of course I repeat last year's sweet ass haul from the raffle. Then I'll have to brag.

I've been playing a lot, I mean a lot, (ALOT) of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II lately. It seems that if I have a moment to spare I'm in the game trying to be as freakin evil as I possibly can. I rob every single person I can, Force Persuade people into giving me their money then jumping into pits or off of stations, and sass-mouth anyone I damn well please. I wanted to post a pic of my man all angry looking with the swirly red smoke in the background that shows just how freakin evil he is, so I'll try that when I get home. I fell like everyone should play this game....or at least watch me play this game and let me share the Jedi love. I fear Bex has become extremely bored with my monotonous discussion of just how sweet this game is. When she asked me what I did that day, I started thinking "Well after I landed on Korriban...." There's a little too much evil in me right now (game and mind produced) that I felt like I had to counter-balance with some goodness.

When I closed last Sunday, I had my headphones on to drown out the Oscars so that I wouldn't ruin the yawnfest when I got home. Aside from vacuuming to Billie Jean (which I think should have been on my life's TO-DO list since it was so much fun), I listened to "Cool" from West Side Story while I worked on the ice. I got a craving for the theatrical thugs. I've been watching the movie every night since. I can't believe I forgot just how much I love that movie and I was a little surprised that I knew the lyrics and dialogue so well. I started figuring out who I would want to be in the movie and who I would actually be (Former: Ice Latter: that girl who follows them around). Now that I'm watching it over and over it keeps surprising me with how well the movie and audio are synced up and just how great the choreography is.

The only problem with this lifestyle is that I keep forgetting that if I sass-mouth people on the street I don't have my trusty saber or a 7-foot walking carpet behind me. On the other hand, I have no trouble remembering single lines from WSS that repeat in my head like a broken record. All I really need is some Battle Meditation to clear my mind. Stupid non-existing force.

No comments: