Thursday, March 10, 2005

Out of the Blue And Into The Black

Right now, the 19 year old Stephen fresh out of high school is sitting in my head, bottle of Bourbon in hand, rambling. "We had a deal. We were done with school. You fucked yourself on this one. " I've been thinking a lot about that euphoria I had where school was no longer needed, yet I find myself sitting here at 12:30 voluntarily freaking out about writing an essay on a movie that I happen to love. Is this what happens to grown ups? They're fed through the machine, happy exuberant teens turned into numb wandering sheep.

At this point in my life there is so much I want to do, but it costs so much money. If I finish this university beast and get a well paying job, will I ever use that money for it's original purpose? Hell no. Right now, crime's looking pretty good. I need the funds for my fantasies.

Right now, I keep daydreaming about if I owned my own chopper. I wouldn't outfit it with missiles or bullets but BIG FUCKIN SPEAKERS!!!!! Nothing would please me more right now then to hover a chopper a hundred feet over St. George and Harbord/Hoskin and just BLAST "Keep On Rockin' In The Free World." "Another Brick In The Wall Pt 2" is a very close second. It would have to be load enough that every person in a one mile radius would have to stop what they were doing. Just imagine every class on the U of T campus, and all those students at the major junction just stopping and listening. God that would be sweet. But would that feeling be worth all this work?

1 comment:

Urban Faery said...

Soon you'll be into the green and the temptin teal, so all will be well.