Thursday, March 10, 2005

I have no tolerance when it comes to following orders, which is ironic, because my tolerance is really high when it comes to...

So I got about 3 hours of sleep last night then went to class this morning. I didn't get any prep work done on this essay that's due tomorrow and so far it looks like I'm setting myself up for another Magic Realism paper. I left my class and stood there contemplating whether left would get me home faster than right. Left led to Bay but right led to Museum. However, left was a longer walk. I decided to go left so that I could break my five at Timmy's in order to achieve the ghastly TTC fare. (How long before student fare jumps from 1.70 to 2 dollars?!?!?)

I was debating my ability to write essays and more honestly attend school before I saw Mark Mckinney. MARK MCKINNEY!!!!!

MCKINNEY!!!!!! I actually stopped dead in my tracks and as I searched his face for flaws in case I was actually hallucinating, he looked at me, noticing my gaze and obvious inability to put one foot in front of the other. Like a true celeb he looked extremely tanned, deep in thought and was smoking.....bastard. He looked around then said "Hi." Words cannot masculate the giddyness I produced. I said that he looked like he had to be somewhere but that I wanted to say how big a fan I was and how I loved the contact lens monologue from KITH. He seemed detached until I asked him if he was ever going to perform Fully Committed again. Then he lit up, did the whole humble thing and shook my hand. I said goodbye and that KITH should do another tour cause the last one was brilliant. He thanked me and he was gone. Off into some copy place.

I finally got home and wanted to blog this but I couldn't get on. So I went back to bed. That was 6 hours ago, and since then I had a panicky dream that I had to go to work and then a much more satisfying dream.

My mom and I just moved into a new place. It was owned by a landlord who controlled all the houses on the block. Our greeter told us that our new couch would arrive the next day but as we left, the arm in the lock on the front door broke making the door unclosable. My mom went out to the car not caring about the lack of security while the greeter and I tried to fix the problem. We flipped the door over (his idea) but the lock was still broken and now there was an odd 7 inch gap at the bottom. Then I began searching the rest of the house for a replacement door. We checked the entire floor until I found a perfect size with lock. Then the phone rang and I woke up.

Cha?

No comments: