Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Trivial Tragedy

It's go time. I had a crappy day and I'm in the mood to see someone lose. Hopefully badly. Tonight might be the night that Ken Jennings starts Mormin' it up once again. A&E is supposed to have a biography on the champions of Jeopardy tomorrow and Ken will be on Letterman tonight. Normally, TV scheduling can predict any downfall and this is one instance that I hope it's right.

It's not that I hate Ken, I just don't like him. Something about him just rubs me the wrong way. I won't deny that he's a brilliant man (or endlessly fed), but I hope it's his time. I want to get back to the days where everyone would get the Final wrong and it would all come down to who saved one measly dollar. I feel another Richard is Hatching among us and that we'll never hear the end of Ken. I can already see the books littering every Indigo display window, and the obscure cameos that will come. Will Scary Movie 4 spoof some smart movies and have Ken come in at the end and explain it all to us? How long will it be before Ken is a celebrity that has to find a mole or simply just wants to get off an island?

Oh, and apparently there's a seinfeld category tonight. Please oh please!

Charles Van Doren, wherever you are, fight for your existence. Don't let some pencil pusher take away the glory of disturbing longevity on a game show.

No comments: