Saturday, November 27, 2004

No Exit

So I finished the assignment at 5:34am but couldn't fall asleep until 6:30. A little too much caffeine I'd say. Ah well. I went to my classes and got back my first quiz (100 Baby!). When I got home my head hit the pillow. I took a good solid nap before shane came over. We ended up eating pizza and walking around the neighbourhood. We eventually found ourselves exploring the area around don mills, NORTH of eglinton. North of eglinton does not even register in my head so we decided to look around there. Eventually, we made our way back to leaside and thorncliffe.

Let me now present one of the most eerie moments in my life. Shane and I walked up from overlea and as I was leaving the sidewalk, a car sped in behind me. I walked up to the front door and noticed the "closed - backin10" sign. A security guard stood by as another man came up from the pumps, and after trying the locked door, we were buzzed in.

As I was about to leave, the clerk asked me to come behind the counter. I was pretty out of it at this point, and misheard him. He told me that I had to exit out the back. As the man and I walked through the back, I heard the clerk mutter something like "...there's something happening out front. . . ." Now I don't consider Thorncliffe to be a "bad" neighbourhood but I've heard rumors and seen a few odd things. I came around the back of the building and I see the same car that sped in behind me, peel out of the driveway. Did I hear a pop or were my ears just playing tricks on me like they usually do? Shane was busy observing the mad driver take off when I asked him if heard a pop noise? "No." "I heard that!"

Shane said he didn't think anything happened and I never went back to check.

All in all, this was an eventful night. I got lost in suburbia hell above wynford park and actually ended up walking in a circle throughout the identical houses. (I can't remember the last time that happened.) The night also produced many fantastic phrases including:

(When leaving a party or bar)
"Well I think it's time I left. The Idiot has to go home to his Box."

The only other thing to note: As we were walking around in suburbia hell, we stopped in a park to rest for a while (that park was the later discovered START of my lap). I was still pretty energetic at this point and vented about how i wished I had a soccer ball, and the fun I used to have, kicking it straight up in the air after school. When we got to Leaside, we ended up stopping in Trace Manes before the final leg home. I noticed that the boards and supports were stacked nearby, waiting to become a giant rink for some small kid. I peered into one of the columns of supports. . . a soccer ball. I fished my wish. Good fun was had by all, and I returned the ball for another lucky kicker.

No comments: