Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Lack of Physical Graffiti

Goodbye Joeuser! Hello Blogspot!

Today was absolutely bizarre and uncontrollably frustrating. The day started when I woke up at 4:54 after a 20 min nap, and returned to the computer to finish my physics essay. I started the entire thing yesterday around 1pm, when it was due today by 5pm. Ample time! It got around to 9am this morning, and I was almost finished. I decided to leave and go to the classes I skipped last week then return home and finish it before the deadline.

So first off, today was weird because for the first time in months, I was leaving for school fully awake. The Psi Factor reached danger when I noticed a driver's ed car slowly making a left turn onto my street. After my gruelling sessions with Karson the (Konqueror? Konfuser?) Asshole, I can't help but watch the torture of others. I peered into the passenger seat to see who was instructing and found a woman doing hail Marys. Awesome. Isn't that the kind of image that you want to start your day with?

Classes were alright today. Physics was frustrating because Prof brought out two demos, one was a string with a motor, the other was a glass rainbow wheel. All class I sat fixated looking at the wheel wondering "What do you do?" and "Can I get one of you for my room?" He finally went and turned it on, and my god! I let my eyes unfocus and cross (I've gotten quite good at that now) and all of a sudden my vision was filled with RED! BLUE! GREEN! YELLOW! and so forth. For 5 minutes, I forgot that I was in the belly of the beast and my impending project melted from existence. Sadly, I clued in after a while but my trip didn't end there. In film class, we were analyzing non-narrative films. So pretty much 1 hour of straight abstract images. Isle De Flores (?) was amazing. It had the bite of Bowling for Columbine, but made me laugh every other minute.

I eventually got home and after 4 ink cartridges, 3 computers, 2 printers, 1 temper tantrum, a fistfight with my printer, I finally finished my project around 5:45pm. I raced over to the drop box so that I could get home faster and sleep when, lo and behold, my TA was just getting on the elevator. I yelled after him as he stepped onto the elevator and caught the door with my foot. He checked his watch and said, "I think that has to be the closest call ever."

I went for lunch with Sean to Pita Factory but before we left, the gods looked down with pity and left a bag of Lays Originals in a nearby vending machine. I went to high school, vending machines are no match for a hungry student who once sat in a pool hall for 3 hours fishing quarters out of a broken arcade game. Why is this such a gift of grace? It's because I have no money. None at all. My account probably read 8.18 or some other lowly figure. Not even enough for a walk-in pizza. I haven't bought the last two english texts, and lunch has become only a word. A mirage that passes me on the sidewalk between classes. Thursday is payday but I already have a huge cellphone bill to pay, and relaxation supplies to buy. I'm hoping that after all of this school shit is over with, I can just sit down, drink some tea, and melt.

No comments: