Thursday, March 22, 2007

T-Minus 11 hrs 22 mins til submission

It's 6:30am. This will be the third consecutive 6:30 I have sat through in this computer chair (AMs and PMs). I'm currently approaching the 40th hour of my ongoing day that began on Tuesday when I woke up at 3pm. If I can last until 12:01am tonight, which seems to be a likier goal as the minutes tick past, I will have woken up on Tuesday and gone to bed on Friday. It's like I'm a forest firefighter or something. Yet no trees saved, just cereal eaten, information downloaded and time wasted. It's truly an amazing experience to be part of when you sit and watch the human mind keep itself busy for 35+ hours, and never accomplish anything. Thursday's always been my work day, and besides the Bex arrives tonight. The ultimate incentive of all motivators. The moment I finish these two damn projects, I am buying myself a video game SOOOOO damn quickly. Guitar Hero 2, God of War 2, Killzone, Tony Hawk Project 8, Burnout: Dominator or the highly intriguing Vice City Stories? If the slow motion trick simulator is really true in Tony Hawk, I don't have enough pot yet. If I find my agenda and see that there is another paper due next week, God of War 2, Vice City and Killzone are all out. Narratives are the main enemy when trying to limit your game time. So I'll probably end up getting Guitar Hero 2, unless Burnout is way cheaper or has the mother-of-all new features that I could not think of, because lets face it. Burnout 4 was flawless. Aside from just making the game bigger, not much else aside from hardware and software improvements. Ah well, that is such a very very long way away. Astronomy here I come.




Was to be posted at 3:30am Mar 22, 2007. Yet got distracted by LPs online.

Middle of the 2nd night and still going strong. If only I could say the same about my work getting done. Still astounded at the strength of my desire to procrastinate. Now that I have mastered the task of researching, I can genuinely get lost in a website that I may have gone to, even if I wasn't stressed for school. Apparently I like making lists and putting lots of pictures up. And losing hours of my life by not backing up what I'm doing and consequently losing it all. Its a bad habit.

No comments: