Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Goin on Five Years Now

Hello all, thought I would poke my head back in. Make sure the furniture's still here, and there aren't any newspapers piling up on the front porch.
Quick Lowdown: (key items bolded for the distracted student)
Moved back home to my mom's house. - Going pretty well so far. Have the computer set up in my room and a larger bed to sleep on. Just gotta finish unpacking before the fall.
School - Going really well. Finally taking the astronomy class of my dreams. I can now confidently look up into the night sky and know how everything I see was created. And oh the pleasure it brings. (Currently have a 95.65% in that class.....you heard me). Also taking a sci-fi lit class which has intro'd me into some new books. Catalyst for my summer plans of Clarke and Dick. I've been really into the films this year in Canadian Cinema and Contemporary World Cinema. Eyes have been opened to cultures, countries, problems in the world, and I haven't seen Hollywood Schlock in over a year. Managed to attend the cinema a dozen times last year, and walked out everytime knowing I got my money's worth.
Relationship - Fantasmagoric! The only problem is that is has gotten so good, I am constantly in withdrawl while the Bex is in the goo.
Hobbies - I have thrust myself right into the video game culture. Fanatic of Red vs. Blue, following award shows, upcoming games, technology while also delving into the past. I have developed a huge appreciation for the old NES music. BATMAN is still the shit. Metal Gear Solid, Ninja Gaiden and Kirby all other worthy contenders. Got into it while playing Guitar Hero, which I am slowly becoming a god in, as for now I'm content being a magician of manic button pushing. I have a few ideas for creating customized games that will hopefully be tackled in may.
May - Finally taking some time off of work and school. I have a list of 25 Film ideas, or projects to be realized through film. Stacks of books to read and a few paper ideas to flesh out this summer.
Mostly, I'm starting to get creative and I love it!!! I keep seeing new things and wanting to just thrust myself into them.
Apparently I'm the current lighting guy for the Friendly Rich Show. Did one show which was one of the most horrific nights of my life, but it seems like an oppurtunity I may never get again. I'm describing it as improvisational lighting. Racks the brain of a man who is the son of a stage manager, and lighting technician, having grown up on...."cues".......go figure.
Want to buy a bass guitar, maybe an electric violin, a new video camera, as my strong urge to go experimental does not work with the Easycam settings. What else?
Developed profound respect for Claude Jutra, (currently trying to finish paper on his early works). Oh, I have ADHD. Yeah. Go figure, I've daydreamed about it, and felt it fidget through my bones since grade 2, and finally went and got the diagnosis. I've got my meds, and despite the fear to go on medication (slightly created, but also decreased a la Donnie Darko), the meds are working great. I feel the change, but I'm having a hard time getting up in the morning. I've developed a mild insomnia, which I wasn't diagnosed with (I've seen Fight Club enough times to just damn well know).
Looking forward to warm weather, the psychadelic journeys of spring, being able to try and take a photo and not freezing my hands off. I might have possibly gotten frostbite from the knuckles down this winter. THE HORROR! JUST THINK what this means for my career as a pro gamer. utterly frightening.

Well anyway, I originally wanted to post something to commemorate my decision to pull off my first Double Nighter in years. Got the Jutra paper thats just dragging me down with my love of researching (a new hobby I've acquired, so to speak), and an astronomy project due in 24 hours. Will not lose that 95!!!! not an option.

No comments: