Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Buckle Your Seatbelt Dorothy.....NEW ZUMA!!!

I'll let that sink in.

Now that your giddy, I'll continue. I made my daily peek into Shockwave and now I long for a credit card. It's called Luxor. It's a little different from the psychadelic, mind-numbing, ball-spewing, rotating world of happiness, but it's not far off. These differences seem to enhance the original gameplay or tweak an old feature to make it appetizing again. Instead of the frog in the middle, you have a pair of Egyptian wings at the bottom a la Breakout. There are many more bonuses this time around as well.



Power-ups now fall from the sky, letting you choose when to fire any one of your powerups. The classic powerups are back with new items such as lightning bolts, fire bombs and wild balls.

It's got an Egyptian theme this time instead of the old Mayan caves. The demo is available on Shockwave offering 60 minutes of pure fun. The blurb says there are 88 levels of madness to get through. I got to stage 5 in the demo and I DIDN'T SEE ONE LEVEL REPEATED!!! None of that "same level, more balls" crap. Now I need to buy Betrapped and Luxor. I'm gonna max that baby out in no time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

TELL ME WHERE TO FIND THIS NEW ZUMA!!!!! I LOVE ZUMA! I'm getting really tired of beating the old one over and over again. Bex just reminded me that it was around this time i beat the first one. ahhh, the great accomplishment...
-jess

Phantom said...

I'm currently in talks with a German for a no paying way. Then I'll bust a couple of disks out and spread it round. OTherwise it looks like you have to buy it off of SHockwave. Gross