Monday, April 03, 2006

Do the Right Thing

It's been one of those weeks where I've felt like I'm simply a passenger. I haven't done anything productive towards school or life in general. I've just been sitting around and killing time before I get started on this last paper due next week.
I spent thursday night at the Friendly Rich show with the Lollipop People which was fantastic. In the beginning of the school year, we kept talking about vaudeville's influence on cinema and how film was originally a trick to be shown in between other acts. That show on thursday will be the closest thing I ever come to that experience. Everything that we talked about at one point, I experienced. Even the notion of show's becoming tailored to local audiences was displayed as Friendly Rich sang a song about George Chuvalo. It seemed to connect in my mind. The music was pretty good....despite the lack of audible words to accompany. My god was it good to see The Frying Egg Circus again. Man, I missed that show. In my mind, while the music is the focal point of the show, David Hannon stole the show for me. Every time he appeared I was constantly fixated upon what he was doing. His makeup labelled him as Dr. Caligari in my head, but it totally worked for the show. I cannot wait until next month. My god man, I'm even thinking of sending an email to my film prof about the whole vaudeville experience. EXTRA-CURRICULAR TYPING! lets not get too hasty.

No comments: