Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Recent Gripes

1. Yo Andy! What's your deal? I remember chatting with you after OMFF and that you like College football(?) Especially a team in Florida (?) I know you play poker with some of the blogmasters, but other than that, the Andy Profile Card is quite empty. Keep the coolness flowing. I'll see you at the next gathering.

2. As martini-splashing thrilled I am with the fact that Scott Thompson is hosting a new show, I am also quite peeved with the title. Did I miss a memo or a third thumb flying into the air that proclaimed "that Greek movie about a large wedding which must not be named" the greatest flick of all time? Or did everybody love it just out of sheer pleasure in annoying others with the title.....or that stupid phone headset gag? I would have been happy to see the movie make some cash, get acclaimed and sit on the "PJ's Picks" shelf at Blockbuster next to "The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari" (this choice does not reflect PJ's views in any way but was chosen out of a sheer lack of love, by the way). Instead I am forced to endure endless and relentless (my little Dutchess named Tess) parodies involving Billionaires, Obnoxious jerks and stupid bosses. Sadly, the name train made a stop in queertown and we have "My Fabulous Gay Wedding" (though I do love the world Fabulous). Scott, I would sit through the entire run of Everybody Loves Raymond if I knew you had a guestspot, so don't worry I'll be there.

3. Ray Romano is a show ruining, self-plugging, unfunny whore.

4. I had to spend $136.73 on a pair of sneakers today not because they were the latest fashion but because they were the only ones that fit me and weren't "blingy" or "commercialized." It's not really a gripe, but come on! 138! That's $68 a foot.

5. I will end this current vent on a severely sad note. In Future Shop, and sadly most other video game stores the shelves look like this:



____________$9.99________________________$39.99

What a sad, sad day that a quality, innovative game is priced as NHL 98 or Hexen for 64. (Hexen!...oh that's right.......I went there.). Boobs and bouncing is all good, but this game warped my mind at the complexity and level of involvement. I'm happy that it's low priced so some kid with only a few bucks can get sucked in by the cover and enjoy it as much as I did, but as we know, price is in the top three of a game's status amongst it's competitors. I suggest everyone give it a shot. For 10 bucks, why not?

No comments: